The Five Mad Scientists

In a secret lab hidden away in an old abandoned hotel, five scientists were working on a way that would save the world from global warming. Their names were Tim, Tom, Frank, Mitchell and Michael. For the past six months they had been perfecting their AGWX4 top secret formula. The AGWX4 works by cooling down the atmosphere when it gets too hot then stores the heat for warming peoples’ houses in winter.
They planned on entering the “Save the World from Warming” competition organized by the World Science Council. The formula, AGWX4 unfortunately was stolen by two other competitors, only known as Sneaky Steven and Rude Rocco.
The four scientists didn’t know what to do as it was only forty-eight hours until the competition began. Frank said, “Hang on; I think I have a solution to our problem”. “My dog is the greatest sniffer in the universe and I think he could find our formula”, he added. Frank puts the lead on Sniffy and they all start following him out into the street and down towards the river. Sniffy starts sniffing and pulls Frank towards a houseboat with the name STEROCO painted on the side.
Accidently Sniffy sneezed and Sneaky Steven and Rude Rocco came out to investigate. The five scientists jumped on them before they knew what had happened. Michael went down into the cabin and found their formula, AGWX4. The four scientists entered the competition and guess what? They came first! They celebrated their win at an expensive restaurant and even took Sniffy along to celebrate as well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!