Taking Care Of Yourself

On May 18 2010 there was a boy named O’shaye and he liked to play soccer. He likes to wear a black t-shirt, jeans, skate shoes and a yellow, blue and green cap.

While he was going to soccer training he was riding his black ripstick and holding his yellow soccer ball. When he got there he saw all of his mates and went to practice soccer with them.

After soccer training O’shaye was on his way home. It seemed very quiet, but when he looked behind him it wasn’t so quiet because there were three teenagers on motorbikes. They started coming towards him. O’shaye tried to ignore them but they pulled up next to him and beated him up. Then they drove away and O’shaye got back on his feet and graved his ripstick and said “Pick on someone your own size” and started riding home. Someone saw him when it happened and yelled out “Are you alright kid”. O’shaye said “sort of”. Then the man said “Would you like me to teach you some karate”. “Okay” said O’shaye. “Be here tomorrow morning 9 am” “Sure” replied O’shaye.

The next morning O’shaye woke up and had his breakfast. When he got to the mans house the man said “Lets start some karate” “Yes” said O’shaye. “Is your balance good” said the man. “Yes” said O’shaye. “How about your arm strength” “Yeah it’s alright” O’shaye replied. “Okay let’s get started”. “Now let’s practice kicking”. “Okay”. Bam bam bam O’shaye’s feet were hitting the man’s gloves. “Wow you’ve got a good kick on you. Now let’s do some punching. “Wow you’ve got a good punch on you too, but remember left hand jab right hand driver punch. Right I think we can start some defence” said the man. “Okay” replied O’shaye. “Put your hand up here and defend yourself. Ready, heyarh, heyarh good, but now try this, heyarh, heyarh, very good. I think you can take care of yourself now”. “Thanks heaps”. O’shaye was thinking it was going to be the other way round now guys.

The next day O’shaye was riding to soccer training the people on the motorbikes came and O’shaye beat them up.

THE END

By Riley Smith Year 4
Mt Manypeaks P.S
43731 South Coast Hwy
Manypeaks 6328
98461269

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!