Kidnapped... Or Not

“DING!” It was the bell for home.
I ran out of class when we were dismissed and hurried to my locker. I packed my bag and walked to PC. I couldn’t wait to get home because my best friend was arriving any day now and I wanted to be home to meet her. I waited for a minute and our PC teacher let us leave. I half walked and half skipped to get home, it took me about two minutes.
When I reached my room I relaxed, my friend hadn’t arrived. I heard the front door swing open, it must be Harry I thought to myself. I stayed in my room and played games on my laptop when something placed a bag over my head. My last thought was that whoever walked into the door wasn’t Harry.
I opened my eyes and saw nothing but darkness, I tried to move my hands but they were being held by someone or something. I wanted to struggle but something was stopping me. This was the worst birthday I have ever had in my life, being kidnapped.
My kidnappers and I were moving quickly, I heard them open up a door and shut it again. I wondered where they were taking me when the darkness vanished to reveal a bright, blinding light. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes. When I lowered my hands from my eyes I saw a huge banner saying, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” I took me a few seconds to realise this was a surprise party because everyone was smiling and all my family was there.
I laughed, “So which one of you loons kidnapped me huh?”
My best friends, Danielle, Jaclyn, Mel and Abby walked up, giggling.
We all hugged and Abby called out, “Present time!”
The rest of the night went brilliantly, my friends apologised for the kidnapping but I waved it off, “This is awesome, I wouldn’t have it any other way,” I would say.
At the end of the party everyone walked out, smiling happily. When everyone and left someone walked in the door, it was Alison, my best friend ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!