Walking Through A Dead School

James ducked around the corner and opened the slide of his Mossberg 590 Shotgun, pulling some shells from one of his many pockets, Dante crouched next to him, reloading an M-16 Assault rifle; both boys had large bogs covered in ammo and smaller guns.
“Ready?” Anthony finished reloading his gun with a loud CLICK-CLICK and nodded, both boys stood up and bolted through the empty door frame, someone stood in their way and was suddenly blown off their feet, a ragged hole in their chest, heads turned at the sound and began to stumble towards it, some fell with bleeding holes in their heads as Dante unleashed a storm of .50 Calibre bullets.

Anthony stopped and fired his shotgun in a wide arc, killing row after row of the stumbling people, the bag on his back rattling like rain on a tin roof, attracting more, suddenly the Shotgun ran dry, Anthony looked from it to the horde gathering around him, “Screw You all to Hell” Dropping the gun he pulled two .50 cal Desert Eagles from his pockets and dropped people left, right and centre, Dante carved a path ahead as the two boys fought their way to a large building in the corner of the school.
A loud volley of Barrette .50 Cal gunfire echoed from the roof of the gym and dozens of people went down; Anthony looked and waved before sticking one of his pistols in a persons mouth and pulling the trigger.

“Get Moving Anthony, There’s more coming your way” Another volley of gunfire opened up a path, Dante widened the gap as he ran, till he climbed over the bodies, Anthony holstered his pistols and took another 590 Shotgun from his gab, dropping several people at once before joining the other boy, more .50 cal volleys kept a wide circle around the boys, their guns and ammo drawing more in to the killing field, the boys ran past the ruined canteen and into a dead end, brick walls sat on both sides with wood reinforced with cruel metal spikes and barbed wire sat over what used to be the door to the gym while behind them was a wall of grabbing hands and bloodied mouths

“Dmitri, throw down the ladder” Anthony held the people at bay as Dante looked up at the ruined steel roof, large holes pitted the surface of the metal, a rope ladder fell through the hole furthest from the horde, Dante quick as a monkey crawled onto the roof and ran to the edge, reloading his rifle, Anthony backed up to the ladder as the people moved in, he killed another five before dropping the gun and climbing up the ladder, bloodied hands missed the bottom of the ladder by inches as he pulled it up after him.

“God Dam Zombies” Ryan sat next to them packing away the ladder, on the roof of the Gym Dmitri crouched on watch, Anthony and Dante exhaled loudly and fired into the horde below

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!