Kingdom Of Unicorn

If you go far away on a hot air balloon, you will find yourself sinking into a world of it’s own…

I am a girl with green hair from swimming in the ocean too much. It used to be blonde but it turned green. I have blue eyes and light skin. My loyal dog Timmy is a Bichon Frise puppy. We go exploring together. He is Timmy the Saviour. He is totally white and with his happy personality, affectionate nature and small size, he is a good house pet. He is a foot long and less than a foot high.

Last week, we went on a hot air balloon for a ride but we sunk into a magical world out of Earth. We landed with a THUMP! I realised that we were not on Earth anymore. The ground was fluffy as marshmallows and white as snow. Timmy blended into it and I had to look for a black nose to find him. I put him in my basket and I was so unhappy to see that our hot air balloon had floated away.
“Oh No!” I said. “How are we ever going to get back to Earth?”

I was flabbergasted. Timmy was talking! “Don’t worry!” he said. “Look! There’s a Unicorn!” he exclaimed.
He was right. A unicorn with green hair and a pink horn was coming towards us.
“Ohhhh!” the unicorn said as she galloped towards me. “You have green hair like me! My name is Emerald. What’s yours?”
I was so happy I couldn’t talk. Timmy said, “Layla! Tell her your name!”
I managed to say;” My name is Layla”. The unicorn smiled and said “Hop on my back Layla, and I’ll take you to the other unicorns!”
“Oh My Gosh!” I whispered as Emerald took me to the other unicorns.
“This is Sapphire,” said Emerald. She was white with a blue mane. “Nice to meet you” said Sapphire. I patted her mane. I turned to Emerald. “Where are the other unicorns?” I asked.

Just then, I heard a CRASH! BOOM! “What’s that?” I yelled above the noise. “I don’t know!” Emerald shouted back. I saw a bit of fire. It was an ogre. The noise faded away and I heard a CHOPP! CHOPP! CHOPP! I realised that the ogres were chopping down the unicorns’ home.

The ogres were green with brown spots. They had red eyes and brown fangs and drool coming out. Emerald said, “ As I always say, you will know if an ogre had been anywhere because there would be a trail of green drool.”
I was so disgusted that I got a tummy ache. “Umm, is it just me or are those goblins the servants of the ogres?” I asked Sapphire who was trying to eat the last bit of grass. “No, Layla,” said Sapphire. “It’s not just you. The other unicorns are gone because the ogres had captured them!”
I sighed. I didn’t expect it to be so terrifying.
“Yuck!” said Emerald suddenly. Leading from where the goblins were, was a track of green slime and it went past Emerald, past Sapphire and the trail got longer as the woods got smaller. I heard them say, “We will turn the Unicorns into SLAVES!”
“Gosh!” Emerald, Sapphire, Timmy and I said. “How are we going to get rid of them?”
Sapphire said,” Lets go up to the magic tree” So off we went.
“Why do we need to go up to the magic tree?” I asked. “We’re having a meeting,” explained Emerald.
When we were up there, Sapphire said,” My grandparents told me that there was this Pegasus and it’s a legend…”
“Oh yeah!” continued Emerald. “You could call her with the magic flute”
“What’s the magic flute?” I asked.
“You could carve it out of this tree” explained Sapphire. “We need you to play it because we have no fingers.
“OK!” I answered excited.

I ran outside the tree and broke a branch. For a few hours I spent my time carving it. Afterwards, I blew a tune called “Mudcrab Boogie”.
I heard a very unique sound. A purple Pegasus with a horn came flying down and said in a low voice “What’s the problem?”
“The ogres have come and kidnapped the other unicorns!” squealed Sapphire.
“Do not fear!” she said. “Stay here and I’ll take care of the problem!”
So she charged at the ogres and they disappeared out of sight and into another dimension.
“Oh thank you!” said the unicorns and the Pegasus said, “I better go back to my slumber!”
So when she had gone, the unicorns had a feast and Emerald asked me “Layla, would you stay with us for a while?”

I thought for a moment. “Ok!” I answered. “My parents had died so I might stay here for a month and next time I will come back with my best friends!”
They lived happily ever after!


THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!