Leaving The War

She was a funny old lady, but I knew why she had come. She told me that I had to go away for a couple of days because we were in the middle of World War 2, and the train ride was 12 hours. I really did not want to go but I knew I had to. Once the good-byes were over the lady took me to the train, and I hoped mum and dad wouldn't get killed. Half way there the train broke down. It took two hours to fix, so we had to wait longer! When we eventually arrived we were happy and sad, happy because we had got off the train, sad because we were away from our family. Two days later after only eating tinned spaghetti and drinking water from the river, we got to go home. On the way home there were no problems, and when we got home there was no war, but everything was a mess. I ran home didn't even wait for the funny old lady. When I got home mum and dad ran to me and hugged me for about 2 minutes. I was so happy mum or dad didn't die.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!