Parvin's Necklace

Fifty nine years ago, there was a young princess named Parvin Flintmajah. She was eight years old and was a dreamy and imaginative person which made her hard to upset. She had deep black hair and long eyelashes. Her eyes were sky blue and she had a smashing smile.
She lived in a luxurious palace which had five star service. Her parents were cruel to the village and took possessions of their’s for themselves. The palace was full of gold and silver, rare and beautiful stones and jewels, but the thing Parvin treasured most was a beautiful necklace.
One day all of that changed, which made Parvin’s life transform. When she was sleeping, someone pounded in her room and woke her. It was a person from the village. He whisked her out of bed and dashed to the entrance. Parvin was half asleep and had no idea what was going on.
Once they had escaped, Parvin squirmed and squiggled until she was able to see the palace which the villagers had burned. Burning everything inside that was her’s, and what would’ve been her’s.
When she awoke, she found herself in a large cage with a straw bed. The cage’s bars were strong and stable and it had a hefty lock on it.
A ransom was asked for Parvin to be returned but the parents, not liking their daughter, refused to pay. So the villagers took her to a foreign country called Australia so she couldn’t take the crown and rule the country. She grew in the cage, and when she was a grown up, she worked out a way of how to pick a lock with a piece of straw from her uncomfortable bed.
When the guards were asleep, she quietly used this method to free herself. She tiptoed outside and ran away very cautiously. When she had escaped from the middle of nowhere, she met a man called Mr. Vishcanpriantre. He agreed that she could stay with him.
One day he introduced her to a small girl named Katie (short for Katherine)and what a shock Parvin got!
She was wearing her necklace!!!!
“Give that back!!!” she roared furiously at Katherine.
“Give what back?!” Katherine yelled in response.
“My necklace !!!”
“Your necklace?”
Parvin told Katherine the story of her horrid life and Katherine felt so sorry for her, she handed the necklace to Parvin since she had a kind heart. Parvin’s necklace seemed to have some kind of magic in it which instantly broke the bitterness in Parvin and she became her old self again.
One day, Parvin returned to her country, leaving behind a present for Katherine in Mr.Vishcanpriantre’s house. It was a beautiful box studded with jewels and inside had a gigantic sapphire which was Katherine’s favourite type of jewel. Soon after that Parvin died of old age and as she rose up to Heaven, she felt a type of warmth and happiness spread over her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!