Killer

I broke in to kill her. That's what I was there for. Now they're coming for me with guns and hounds. I slept in the forest last night beside a log with pine needles still are stuck to my skin. It is morning now and they are still chasing after me. The leg they shot is paining me, and losing blood slowly. I still ran.

I snuck into her house, and hiding in every shadow I crept I made my way to her bedroom. I stood in the door way smiling down at my prize. It was all over and soon I will obtain my reward. With my gleaming weapon secured tightly in my mouth I prepared to kill. Unfortunately, I misjudged the lunge and hit my chin on the bed frame she awoke with a shock and raised the alarm, screeching and trying to run. I quickly ran towards her. Grabbing her plump form, I ran towards the woods, but her awkward form proved difficult and as I approached the gap in the fence my leg was shot.

I can hear them approaching. I ran very fast but lost of blood has weakened me. Their dogs are gaining snapping and snarling ready to kill. I hear a gunshot, then the horrible rip as the bullet tears through my side. As I collapse in a bloody heap, my mind flashes to my wife and kids at home waiting for my arrival. I hear a crash of tree and twigs then a gun levelled to my head I whimper and say a quite pray for my family then all turns black.

"Good Shot old boy! Call off the dogs I wanna have a good look at him"

"Heel Dogs! Bloody fox has been stealing my chicken for weeks"

"Bet he's the same one who's been pinching me turkeys too."

"Com'on Mate let's go clean this guy up, dogs can have what's leave of him"
The farmers chuckled as they made there way back home with enemy in hand, there dogs sniffing the dead fox all the way home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!