Kidnapped!

How could this have happened? It had started out as an ordinary day, and by evening I was looking forward to my usual walk. It had become a regular activity, and I was never worried that anything bad would happen. I started out, heading past the bakers and doctors. a van slowed behind me, and I ignored it, carefree. Suddenly, two hands shot out of the darkness and grabbed me, pushing me roughly into the back of the van. The man that owned the hands slammed the back doors shut just as I got to my feet. "Hey!" I yelled,"Let me out!" But the man just kept on walking, opened his drivers door and drove off. By now I was histerical, and yelling was pointless, I could see, as the driver had headphones on. I thought of the tight neighboorhood watch system we had and was comforted by the thought that the police would soon be here to help me soon. Also, I always walked past Mr Hendersons general store and he greeted me, no matter how busy he was. Surely he was bound to notice my absence and then notify the police. But after srtaining my ears and hearing nothing for quite a while, I was worried. All of a sudden, the van stopped, the man hopped out and the back van doors burst open. The man grabbed me around my middle and dragged me out of the van, and walked into a large building where he promptly shoved me into a small cage with metal bars on it, and then walked away. It was all very frightening. I couldn't even see my surroundings, it was so dark. I must have lost consciousness sometime around then, because I groggily awoke to loud footsteps nearing my small cage. The nasty, feral man walked into the room, followed by a tall, handsome man. "Stella!There you are!" My owner called out. I wagged my tail excitedly as the nasty man knelt down and unlocked my cage. I barelled past him, straight into my owner's arms."My, haven't we been a naughty girl!" I just licked his hand in response as he carried me out of there, far, far away from my horrendous experience at the pound.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!