Fear

I wandered through the woods... Alone, Cold, Scared, Shaking.
I had no direction, and nothing but a sharpened twig in my hand. The thoughts that this twig would help in any way, were forged by nothing except the insanity running through my brain
The insanity that caused me to be here in the first place
The dark figure stood ahead of me... Only inches before me, but yet the mask of night, successfully concealed his identity. This was the figure I had been searching for, The concealment I had been waiting to unmask.
He moved towards me, one small but horrific step, causing a gasp to escape my throat and the all beloved twig to fall from my frail hands.
I had never experienced fear such as this...
I knew this man would be my death, but I stood my ground as he moved through the space that divided us. My hands shook by my sides, my feet objecting the plea to run.
I closed my eyes so the darkness would involve me, and waited for the pain to arrive. For the pain would surely come...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!