Leafing Home

Have you ever wondered why the leaves fall off trees so gently and swiftly?

Its quite simple really the tree is saying goodbye to their leaf as it starts a new and strange adventure and the tree is begging to the wind that it will guide its leaf safely to its destination.

And you know if you think about it a bit like when a child leaves home for the first time.

“ Your time is up please put your pen down’’ the speaker announced

The time is up already I thought to myself. Ciara brushed past me with a wink. She had been so happy to leave school in fact she started counting down to the last day a few months ago .I was still completely and utterly in awe.
I still remember mum taking me by the hand when I was five introducing to my headmaster that I thought looked like a and old oak tree so wise and tall as my head was down and scared and then her smile started to appear and from then on I always loved school and now I was just letting the last moments of it forever slip through my fingers with stupid time wasting thoughts.

School had introduced me to new friends and old friends ,heart breaks and hormone crazes but mostly it showed me that I wasn’t a pretty princess in the popular group which I hated being instead I’m book- loving nerd that never gets manicures and walks on the red carpet.

Ciara came behind me and put her arm around me.
I’m so lucky that that I have best friend like her, she never speaks but actions speak more then words don’t they?

Interrupted in my thoughts came a high-pitched squeal. “ ARE YOU READY GRADUATES OF JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL’’

You know I’m a new leaf falling of the tree I need to relax and let the wind guide me I screamed and threw my hat in the air.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!