The Flood

One hot evening while my family and I were sound asleep we were woken up by the sound of thunderstorms. Boom! Boom! Crash! Bang!!!! My sister and I jumped out of our beds and ran into mum and dad’s bedroom screaming from the fear of the thunder.
It rained for many hours and our house got flooded. We had to call 000 for Emergency Assistance. Our family was in shock and quickly collected some of our favourite things. My sister and I were crying because we had to be quick and felt very sad.
We ran outside and yelled “Coco! Coco! we forgot Coco!” Dad and I tried to find Coco, our family pet dog. It took forever Coco was lost, and we were exhausted. Emergency Assistance arrived we managed to leave our home safely but there was no sight of Coco.
My sister was crying and couldn’t settle, she didn’t want to leave the dog behind We got into the rescue boat and we all yelled,” Coco Coco where are you!” we looked everywhere. It was nearly dark and the search for Coco had to stop because we had to head back to the Rescue Centre.
We were all exhausted, wet and hungry. Mum suggested we say a pray for Coco before dinner. There were lots of families at the Rescue Centre all sharing blankets, pillows and plenty of hugs. It was amazing how the town helped everyone in need and gave lots of support to all the families that had to leave their homes.
My sister and I finally got to sleep. It was morning but still exhausted from tossing and turning all night. Suddenly I felt my face all wet. I thought I was having a dream. Then I heard a bark up against my ear which woke me up. Coco was licking my face and jumping all over me. I jumped up with excitement and gave him the biggest hug. Coco made my day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!