Fannie Wants To Stay

Fannie sat cross-legged on her Uncle John's front porch; her favorite rag doll clutched under one arm. The late afternoon sun shone through the leaves of the giant oak tree, casting its flickering light on the cabin. This golden motion of light entranced upward; as if hypnotized. The steady hum of conversation flowed from inside the cabin.

Fannie stood up and trudged to the door. "Fannie! Fannie!" Uncle John called. "Your mother and father have arrived. You'll be going home with them today!"
"B...But I don't want to go home yet. I want to stay here for longer" Fannie whinged. "I am also enjoying playing with Angelina" she added.

Angelina was Fannie's baby cousin. She had small dark eyes and brunette hair. Her hair was frizzy and her cheeks were chubby-looking. "Fine... but only for two days" Fannie's parents sighed. As her parents waved goodbye, she played with Angelina.

"Why does Angelina smell like soap?" asked Fannie, curiously.
"I just gave her a bath" Uncle John answered.
"Oh" Fannie closed her eyes. Suddenly, she heard someone sobbing nearby. She opened her eyes and found that she was somewhere else.
"Am I really dreaming?" she thought. Well, I should find out.

Fannie carefully followed the soft sound of sobbing. When she opened the door in front of her, she found that it was a little boy. It then transform into a monster. "Run!" it whispered.

Fannie started to run. She felt quite scared that it would catch her. She tripped and landed on her face. When she opened her eyes, she found that she was back with Angelina. How weird! After she told Uncle John, he said that maybe she was daydreaming. After all, he did not believe her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!