Capture The Princess

One day the great fortress of Dragon's Bane was attacked. It was attacked by the great Dragon and his army of giants. The Great Dragon captured the princess. The princess was in the very top of the tower watching the battle. She saw the first and second knights clubbed to death by the giants. Then she saw no more, because at that very moment the Dragon swooped down and smashed the turret to pieces, catching her up from the ruin, and flew her right to the Land of Darkness. There she was thrown into the dungeons. The Great Dragon had the key to the dungeons and he locked the door with it. Then he said "Now no one gets into the dungeons unless he gets through me". At that very moment the Dragon heard a lot of shouting. The rest of the bad army was coming back from the battle. They had not gone too well. The good knights and their men were still an army of twenty thousand. The Dragons' army was an army of fifteen thousand men and five giants. The good knights still had a whole other bunch of soldiers digging under the fortress for catapult rocks; including these soldiers it would make an army of one million. The bad soldiers were making these huge crossbows and were also making huge enormous darts for them, when they heard a huge amount of trumpeting and drums. And then they heard the five bad giants yelling out; "The goodies are attacking". Then the two armies charged, except for one knight.
That one knight ran to the dungeons. He was killed by the Great Dragon. But then one of his friends saw him get killed by the Great Dragon and his friend ran down there as well. His friend, an ordinary knight, had a spear and a sword. He threw his spear at the Dragon but it hit the scales and snapped in half. The Dragon said, "You shall never get past". Then the good knight drew his sword and yelled, "But you haven't fought me face to face yet!" And he charged at the Dragon. the Dragon blew fire. But then he ran out of fire as that was his last breath of fire. Then the good knight ran and killed the Dragon with his sword. The knight cut the rope that held the key from the Dragons' neck. Then he unlocked the dungeon gates, and there was the princess. Then he ran outside to the battle with her and hid behind a huge boulder that a giant had thrown, til the battle was over.
the good soldiers finally defeated the evil army. Then the knight ran out to join his army which now numbered fifty thousand, bringing the princess with him. They walked all the way back to their old castle. The brave knight said to the King; "I defeated the Dragon and here is the princess". Then the king said "You get to keep all the Dragons' treasure and have a new spear and sword". The knight said "thank you very much" and went to get the treasure with the other knights and gave half the treasure to his best friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!