Fear

A brother and a sister walked down a lonely street. Fog clung to them. They were cold, scared and lost. Their parents where dead. They had crashed while driving down this road. Blood trickled down the girls arm and face. She gripped tightly onto her twin brothers hand. His shirt was soaked in his own blood. Slowly they walked down the quiet street. Not a car could be seen. There was not a single sign of life. The girl let go of her brothers hand and fell to the ground, crying. Her brother reached down and picked her back up, holding her tightly until she calmed down. They continued to walk, getting faster and faster as they began to feel something staring at their backs. They saw a figure appear in the thick fog. As they got closer, they realize it was a tree. The tree leant over the road so much that some branches actually touched the ground. A ghostly figure stood in the middle. They whipped around, only to see another. Both were dressed in long black cloaks. A hood covered their face. The children couldn't go around them as the road was surround by marshland on both sides, too deep for either child to pass through. The figures slowly moved closer and closer. The girl screamed in fear, gripping tightly onto her brothers blood soaked shirt. The figures continued to move forward. They reached out. One last step, and they touched the two children who cried out in fear. Their touch was cold. Ice cold. It chilled the children to the bone. Suddenly, they disappeared. A light appeared on the other side of the tree. A man appeared from the fog. He jogged over to the children. He asked them what happened. They told him about the accident. He said they should have stayed at the crash site, it was not safe for children to walkthrough that fog without an adult, it was dangerous. It lets their emotions become near physical beings. They children looked at each other in horror. That meant that they had just been touched by their very own fear. Their fear was ice cold and unknown. The children shivered as they climbed into the back of the mans truck. As they drove off, the children turned back. They saw their fear looking at them on the other side of the tree. The children looked straight to the front again. 

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!