Danger Of A Stranger

It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Everyone knows that saying. Every kid in school knows it. My name is Bryce Wellington. A teen that is famous. I live in a small, rough suburban town.

My story begins when I was 12 years old. I was a bit of an outcast with a huge ambition, to become a singer that was really famous. I talked about it all the time. To pretty much everyone I knew, everyone had had enough of it. I never really saw what becoming a teenage superstar was like, but I didn’t know I was about to become one…

I wrote lots of songs, and eventually joined a band and got a record deal. Then I went solo and released a studio album. My first single was released. When I went on iTunes one day, I absolutely squealed. My single, my first song was at number one. I was famous, I couldn’t believe it. But the rest is a story for another time.

One day, I was swamped by a massive paparazzi in my town just trying to walk to the cinema. It was so big I couldn’t see anything but people. I got lost and ended up in another town. I tried finding my way back and walked into this big, beefy guy.

“Are you lost?” He said in a mysterious tone.

“Yes. I am.” I replied. I expected lots of useless questions, but I didn’t get any. He asked me these little questions that got bigger. I didn’t realise, but he started invading my privacy.

“Which street do you live in?”

I was such an idiot.

“Maple Avenue. I live in the house with the yellow Ferrari.

“Cool. Well, the town is that way…”

“Thank you so much.”

That night, I fell asleep much quicker than usual. Within 30 minutes. It was when I was having a pleasant dream where there was a smash of glass in my dream. It was loud and the dream started to blur. I shot up. That smash was no hallucination. A few seconds later, a massive but familiar figure rose over me with a curved knife. I don’t know how I did it. I kicked his stomach with a swift, hard movement and punched him in the nose. He fell to the ground. I got up and started sprinting.

I ran out the door and onto the street. Within seconds, he was hot on my tail. He threw the knife at me and I dived onto the rough road. The knife missed and went down a drain, but the guy didn’t. He was about to grab his hands around my neck when a huge howl came out of his mouth. He was hurt. I was too dizzy to see more…

I was in hospital the next morning with a minor hip injury. My Mum was leaning over me.

“Are you okay?”

“I think so.”

I learnt my lesson and promised never to speak to a stranger again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!