Lesson Learnt

“Flight DJ862 to Melbourne please make your way to gate 22 flight DJ862 to Melbourne.” As I rushed to my gate, a woman stopped me, “hi sir, would you care to do me a favour?” she asked politely. The woman was young and extremely attractive, she also had a smug look on her face, almost devious “depends on what the favour is” I replied suspiciously. She took my hand and handed me a black luggage “I’m Eva by the way” she smiled, her smile was beautiful and I could’ve sworn I heard angels sing. I sheepishly blushed “I’m David” we shook hands. “Now David, I need you to do something for me. It’s urgent and don’t worry it’s nothing dodgy” I wasn’t convinced. “I’ll even pay you!” My eyes lit up, it was no super guess to tell that I was having financial issues just by the clothes I was wearing and perhaps my body odour.

Truth is, I’m going through a financial crisis and I’ve been in a rut for quite a few years now. I haven’t got a legit reason for why I am in this situation today, I spent most of my years backpacking around the world which you can imagine, really put a hole in my pocket.
Now, I didn’t know if I should consider today as fate. A gorgeous woman approaching me with every intention to pay me. I grabbed the bag and said “are you sure this isn’t anything illegal? And how much are we talking?” Eva reassured me “Yes, I promise you! No funny business” she then gave me a warm smile and whispered “$50 000 is waiting for you at the other side of customs” I was absolutely gobsmacked $50 000 shmackaroos! The things I could do with that amount! The places I would go! There were also a million cons running through my brain, should I trust a girl I just met? She didn’t seem so genuine but I still went through with it out of greed.
Eva gave me a sly wink and walked across to the customs area. I followed and as I got closer, I began to get cold feet but I instantly forced each foot forward with $50 000 encouraging me along with the most striking young woman. I nervously placed the small luggage through the scanner and alarming red lights began to flash. The sound of sirens going off loud as gunshots, about 20 security guards rushed over and arrested me. I looked up to where I last saw Eva standing, she had vanished.

Any person with any common sense could tell me that I had been a fool for trusting a girl I just met for 5 minutes. I felt extremely ashamed for letting my greed have the better of me.
I was charged the next day for possession of 500g of Cocaine and sentenced to 15 years behind bars without parole. Lesson learnt, the hard way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!