Edward Lupin

I placed my right leg on one of the platforms on the spiralling stair case I could feel a cold chill engulfing my body. If felt so evil and sinister that I almost fainted. I hung my umbrella and let it to dry. Today was the night before the full moon, and I was sent up to check up on the light house. I slowly made my way up, edging each platform cautiously. As I moved closer the air wreaked of evil, the thirst for blood and revenge became imminent. I was extremely hesitant as I approached the top of the light house. I examined the area carefully, I then saw something move and in a flash, it disappeared and all I saw was a brushy tail. I quickly ran towards the light checked up, and the sprinted down, I’d never been so scared. I picked up my umbrella and opened the door slowly: I then saw the beast. it was a wolf! the creature was semi man - semi – wolf. Was it a werewolf? No it was too small and had a tail...
My grand – pa had told me heaps about werewolves, this one I recognised it was in its semi stages of transforming. When it was complete on the night of full moon it would get five times bigger and it would be so big that you could barely see the tail. I shut the door with a loud thud, that was the first mistake I made. I stared into the dark staircase leading up to hell. Then suddenly a growl stirred up and it slashed at the door and stuck its mouth in. The yellow gnarling teeth dripping with slobber, and its eyes were devil’s bright red and evil. Its nose then started to sniff the air, I then immediately wiped myself with the umbrella to wash away the scent. When I was sure the abomination was gone I made a dash towards my grand – pa’s house. When I got there he wasn’t in his rocking chair, I went and asked grand – ma, she said he was in the shower.
I sprinted back to the lounge and saw grand – pa. I was so happy, I hugged him, then sat on the couch and turned on the TV. A cruel silence prevailed when the TV wasn’t working. Grand – pa then told me to come close to and whispered something. I then went back to bed and slept. The next morning I sat on the couch and stared at the TV. I then remembered what grand – pa said, “Don’t follow me tomorrow, it will only bring more harm than good.”

I then had breakfast, and the rest of the day continued as normal. Grand – pa Remus was acting the same too, until that night. He was acting weird, he stared up and walked outside into the forest, it was like he was being possessed. I then looked up and could see the moon, he was staring at the moon.........why? I then heard a scream and a loud roar, it was grand – pa, he was being attacked by the werewolf fully transformed. I rushed out, then remembered what grand – pa said. But he was being attacked, I rushed out, slammed the door and sprinted. I was way faster than grand – pa so I was able catch – up, but he wasn’t there, only the werewolf with blood smeared all over it.

I took one step forward and accidently stepped on a piece of twig. The werewolf turned to me and charged, it jumped and bit me on the neck. The bite was so forceful I coughed up blood, but it wasn’t red but black, what was going on. A mark then appeared on my neck, it was a curse seal, a seal werewolf gives to pass down wolf DNA into a human’s bloodline. But this could only be passed down by members of the same branch, the lupin branch. The werewolf then spoke in a hoarse voice “ You are now werewolf Edward Lupin and you will join me Remus Lupin to quench our thirst for blood. I then had the urge to kill I and could barely control my movements. The sun then started to rise, I regained control and became human. Grand – pa and I then rushed back before grand – ma woke up. I had to stay away from her when it was full moon and the day before that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!