The Floods Across Queensland

I’m sitting there watching and thinking. I just can’t imagine what pain and suffering those people would be going through. The agony that this disaster put them through is almost unbearable. It took peoples lives away from them so quickly that there was no anguish and no misery. They were so young, so small, only just beginning to get used to this new world they’ve become part of, but now never to see it again. As I was watching, my mind was filled with anxious questions, Will this ever happen to me? What will I do if it does? Where would I go? I would never want my family to have to go through that type of hurt or loss in my life. Although I know how lucky we are, watching it just made my heart jump and stop for a minute and try to feel how these tormented people are feeling now. Knowing that there are still people trying to help, to find sisters, brothers, mums and dads, tells us how determined they are not to have any more losses for families. The strength they are showing to continue doing good needs for there country is incredible. The devastation this town has been through is simply overwhelming and the people from this country have to be so strong, so calm and full of hope to get through this together. As I stand up and leave the room I find it hard NOT to think about those people who have lost so many families, so many dreams of one day hoping to see the entire world in one piece. I’m writing this now and I know everyone knows all this information and it happened a while ago, but I just want everyone to stop and listen, help out and do something about this demoralizing disaster.


Written by Janie Gordon


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!