Rainforest

As I tread carefully through the overgrowth on the forest floor, I look around cautiously at all the tall trees and long grass hoping nothing will come out pouncing at me wanting to slit my throat and kill me. Now as I'm passing the lake I smell the putrid smell of salt water seep into my nostrils. As I gape at how strong and disgusting the smell is I ponder which way to go now. I take the left path which leads to a pathway that is covered in long sharp sticks that cut my legs causing me to stagger across the pathway. All of a sudden everything starts to become darker and intimidating. I stop for a second to think about what's happening. Everything is so unpredictable I think to myself. Just as I'm about to take a slight step I hear crows squawking uncontrollably then all other birds join in. The wind gets stronger and I'm just about ready for something to come out of the bushes and eat me alive. There to my amazement stood a bear that looked like it wanted me to be it's prey. I start running for it, then I come to a halt. I'm finally out of the forest.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!