Under The Rug



Under the rug

I’m driving home on a Sunday night and I’ve just had the time of my life. I was just out at my friend’s 35th birthday party, it was so much fun. I look out the window and think back to the great night I’ve just had. The food, the people, and the decorations it was just so amazing..... SMACK!!! I suddenly hear a massive thud and I realise I’ve just run over someone! I stop the car and jump out, then I look at the figure and I can tell it’s definitely dead. It’s midnight and nobody else is on the road as I come to grips with what I’ve just done. As shocked as ever, I drag the pale dead figure off the road and hide it in the dense bushes surrounding me. I then get back in my car and drive off pretending it didn’t happen.

I wake up next morning and look in the paper and I see that there is no sign of anything about what happened last night. So I decide to get dressed, have breakfast and go off to work.

After a long and nervous day at work I arrive at home. I enter the door and sit down on the couch to read a book. After a while I hear a noise coming from under the rug. I go and look under it but there is nothing there. I hear the noise again and this time I see a lump arising from under the rug. I start to kick at it and suddenly there is a huge flash of lightning and a pale dead figure arises from under the rug.

All of a sudden I work out what is happening. I think back to last night when I ran over someone, this was that person arisen from the dead. Frozen in fear, sweat pours down my face as the figure reaches out to grab me. I dodge and run out the hallway. “Ha ha ha you think you can escape me” yelled the figure. The figure gave chase and darted down the hall chasing after me, but he didn’t see which room I went into. “You can run but you can’t hide” yelled the figure. The rain poured harder than ever as I desperately searched for a place to hide. I heard the figure coming and dived under the bed just before the figure entered the room. I watch as the figure starts searching. First he looks in the wardrobe, then under the desk, then under the bed! “I’ve got you now” yelled the figure. I darted out from under the bed and into a dead end! Cowering in the corner the figure reached out to grab me. “NOOOOOOOOO” I screamed and suddenly there is a huge flash of lightning, light fills the room and the figure disappears.

Written by Matthew Grover

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!