Meeting Death

In a distant land of magic, there was a prophet. He wrote a prophecy of two girls. Two girls that set out..... into the unknown.

“Hey”! Daria screamed. Ariel quickly snatched the basketball and threw it in the hoop. “Yes”! She shouted shooting a smile at her twin, showing her sparkling, white teeth. They were playing happily until.....
“Girls!” Their Mother screamed, running out of the room like a jet, puffing and panting with tears making her eyes red like a rose. “What wrong Mum?” They asked shocked. Their Mum handed them a note covered in blood, with one word, written in dark black letters.
PROPHECY
The girls opened the sheet very anxiously and read it.
Go to the magical tree in the land of Merrylon. Take the wrong road and you will be on your way to meet death.
Ariel..... Daria
Two days later.........

After packing up, the girls left their home with tears stinging in their eyes. They walked for hours until they decided to have a rest. Suddenly a dark black crow dropped a note, just like the other one. It was written in a greyish faded text and almost disappeared. It said, Go to Demulon. The girls sighed and started walking. When they reached Demulon they looked at the note again. Instead of the faded writing they had seen before, on the note was a sentence, written in fiery scarlet blood: You will die. The girls could not believe it. How could they? “It won't happen”
They thought.

Suddenly they felt a spirit, almost as if a rope was pulling them.It was hot and it burnd them. It pulled them towards the dark, damp forest. They didn't know what they were doing. They tried pulling themselves back but the spirit was too strong.

They were pulled to an old mansion. The gate screeched open. It sounded as if it was telling them something but they couldn't understand. The door of the mansion opened too, and the spirit pushed them in. It smelled awful and it looked like it was covered in blood. They couldn’t see because of the darkness. They crashed into the wall before them. It felt like slugs. The door closed with a loud crash. “I have to protect Daria.” Thought Ariel.

Suddenly she felt the spirit again. It pulled her towards the kitchen and made her pull out a sharp knife. Ariel was shocked. The spirit made her run to Daria who was crouching down looking very frightened. “Please don’t do it. ”Ariel said. Then, the pitiless spirit made Ariel plunge the knife into Daria’s soft, precious heart. Ariel shrieked as Daria let out a soft cry of pain. “What have I done?” Cried Ariel. Those were her last words. She sat there crying... crying till death. Surely they were sent to heaven. So don’t let yourself down, because where you end up will be where your grief is the only thing you have.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!