Village 'Earth'

There are 6 billion and 600 million people in the Earth. What if we reduce the world into a village having 100 people?
There are 52 women and 48 men out of 100 people. There are 30 children, 63 adults and 7 old people.
90 people are heterosexual people while 10 people are homosexuals.
70 people are colored race while 30 people are Caucasian (white people). 61 people are Asian, 13 people are African, 13 people are American (both North and South), 12 people are European and 1 person is living in Southern pacific area.
33 people are Christian, 19 people believe Islam, 13 people believe Hinduism and 6 people believe Buddhism. 5 people believe that nature has spirit and other 24 people believe something else or don't believe anything.
17 people speak Chinese, 9 people speak English, 8 people speak Hindi, 6 people speak Spanish, another 6 people speaks Russian and 4 people speak Arabic language. If we add them all, it's only 50 people which were half. Other half people say Portugal language, Indonesian, Japanese, German, French, Korean and other various languages.
20 people are unbalanced nutrition, 1 person is nearly starving to death but 15 people are obesity.
20 people are using 80% of energy while other 80 people are sharing other 20%.
75 people have foods to eat and house to protect from rain but other 25 people don't. 17 people can't even drink safe and clean water.
If you have money in the bank, money in the wallet and spare coins in the house, you are in one of the 8 person who are wealthy. There are only 7 people who have their own car.
1 person had university education and 2 people have their own car. However, 14 people can't read.
If you hate vegetables, if you don't want to go to school, if you really think you are unhappy, think the people who are below you.
Like on the story at the middle of the story, if you have food to eat, you are in 75%. If you had university education, you are in 1%. If you have money in your bank and wallet, you are in 8%. If you have your own car, you are in 7%. If you combine them all, nearly 80% of people in Earth are wishing your life.
Have a think of that. Think the person whose are in lower level than you. Think what really true happinesses are.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!