Zombie Invasion

My name is Henry and I go to a boarding school. In about one week we are going on a class camp to a weird island. We will be there for at least one week before heading back home for the last week of Term 3.
Finally it is time to go. We got on the plane at 10a.m and landed on the island at 8p.m. After arriving on the island we got into our tents for the night. I could hardly sleep, I was so excited. After what seemed like hours I looked at my watch - 2 minutes to midnight. Suddenly outside my tent I heard a faint moaning sound and decided to investigate. I got up and crawled to the door where I received the shock of my life. I saw two people bending down, sucking the blood out of one of my classmates. For a moment I was stuck for words, then I leapt out of my tent, just as they were dissapearing into the nearby forest. I followed them cautiously, keeping to the shadows so as not to be seen. They frequently looked behind them as if they could sense someone was following them and all the while they were softly moaning. I turned a bend in the forest and saw a huge cave looming high in the air. They walked into the cave, although they seemed cautious about going too fast. I followed them, treading lightly on the soft forest floor - then suddenly there came an ear piercing shriek from inside the cave, which startled me completely, making me lose balance and fall heavily to the ground. I hastily got up, hoping they didn't see me, then I ran back to camp to report the news.
In the morning I reported the news. They were all shocked and even more shocked when they saw the body of my classmate, drained of blood. They all wanted to leave at once, but I said we should start an immediate investigation into the matter. That night we placed a dummy out, as bait, to make them think it was a human. When they saw through our bluff they shrieked with angeer and disappeared into the forest. We sent some scouts to follow them but they soon came running back, breathless, to tell us that the weird people were getting ready for war. I went off into the forest to confirm this and to my horror realised they were right.
As I was running back I saw an old building and decided to check it out. I worked out that it was an old military base building which still held guns,ammunition, grenades and explosives. We carried as much as we could and hurried back to camp. I divided up the ammunition, guns, grenades and explosives to every person, then set up a plan to defend ourselves, while attacking the enemy.
At sunset we were ready for war and when the weird people arrived we let them come as close as they wanted, thinking we were in our tents.....and then opened fire. Suddenly the sky was red hot, guns were blazing, grenades were exploding and explosives were blasting them sky high.
After two days the enemy started to retreat and by the third day the war was over. We all rejoiced under the full moon. We lost about 16 people but we won. The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!