Just My Luck

One day there lived a family of three, a Mum a Dad and their child katryn. They lived in a little hut at the end of their street, Elm Street. They were quit poor, the father of katryn worked as a miner, who got ninety cents an hour, and that was just enough to get them a bread roll for dinner. The mother had the job of cleaning the house spotless, she was thinking of doing it for other people to get more money for her and her family.
Katryn was eleven years old, she wore a half ripped dress that was a faded yellow and wore little sandals on her feet. Every day katryn would go past the lottery store she had a friend that worked there bob, so she could get a free one every time she went there, she hoped that one day she would win some money and they wouldn’t have to starve all day and sleep on the floor. She already had planed out what she would do if she won some money. The first thing she would do would be to move out of there town and move somewhere where the money is worth more than what is in the village.
Katryn had lots of friends but she could not see them through the day time as they went to school and she didn’t, but if she could she would love to go to school and eat lunch with her friends, play on the playground, answer questions in class and earn lolies for getting the question right. Any way at the end of the day it kind of felt like she was at school because she would play with her friends all afternoon and her best friend Elsie, would invite her over after everyone went home and they would sit together in Elsie’s room and eat there cupcakes that Elsie’s mum had baked that morning.
Katryn woke up the next morning as normal she went to her friends lottery store, bob handed her a lottery ticket it was worth one million dollars she had never had a lottery ticket worth that much, she went home and showed it to her parents, she asked her papa if she could have a coin, just her luck her papa had twenty cents in his pocket she took it from his hand and went down to her bed and slowly scratched the layer of the lottery ticket she looked at what was the object that she had to get three times to win the money, it was a sun she looked and saw that there we two next to each other she knew that she only had to find one more, there it was in the bottom left hand corner the third sun she had won one million dollars!!!

The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!