Danixel And The Murderous Thief

The boy was a master detective, and so he had been called in. There had been a robbery at the bank, of a single gold bar. The guards had closed all the doors. And so it was up to Danixel, to find and capture the thief. He had only one question for the thief: why only steal one gold bar?
There were hundreds of gold bars, and yet this thief only took one. They’re definitely light, and they’re only the length of a pencil, so why only one? Danixel sighed. In the gold room, he immediately spotted the muddy footprint, in front of where the gold was stolen. “Strange…” Danixel muttered, rubbing his bare chin. He moved closer and saw something he didn’t expect on the surrounding gold bars… blood.
“Show me the video again!” Danixel demanded, twirling on his toes and with his finger outstretched. He heard a thump in the roof. They ran to the security room and watched the camera’s recording. A man with a black hoodie walked up to the camera. “Stop the tape!” Danixel shouted. “There, see where this man’s walked? The surface is completely clean!” where the shoes had walked, the surface was clear. “Continue the tape.” The man with the black hood pasted black cardboard on the camera, and then everything was quiet.
“That’s pretty much the end, it’s just silent now.” The guard said.
“Keep going.” Danixel said. And after ten minutes, he heard a yell.
The yell was definitely a yell of pain. And then, there was a sickening laugh. Danixel and the guard shivered. For the next five minutes, there were the sounds of shuffling and dragging. Then, on the tape, they heard the alarm, a loud buzzing.
“You can stop the tape now.” Danixel said quietly. “Back to the gold room!” Danixel ran his heart pounding. His feet slid, on the polished floor, he slid right up next to the gold pile. He then started to take down the gold pieces, one by one.

“I knew it!” he exclaimed. Inside the pile was about one hundred missing gold bars, and in their place… was the body of the black-hooded thief. There was a knife in his stomach. And so, now all he had to do was find the killer thief…
Think… if I was a killer thief, where would I go? I remember… a thump up there, and it is incredibly easy to get to… Danixel then shot the roof, and with it a white-hooded man, with red specks fell down.
The white hooded killer lifted a shotgun, but Danixel was quick to react and got behind the man, and then wrestled him to the ground. “I’m sorry, but you’re arrested for murder, and theft.” Danixel said sweetly, with a fake grin on his face. The man was sent to jail, and eventually hanged.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!