Questacon

My heart was in my throat and pounding like a drum. My hands slipped away from the bar.

Yippe. I had reached the fabulous ride section in the amazing Questacon.I stepped up to the line for free-fall. We had to wear orange jumpsuits which made us all look like orange traffic lights which would make any car slow down!. At first I was extremely excited but once I looked at the steep, terrifying and certainly breath taking slide, my mouth fell. Shaking in fear I slowly and gradually made my way up the stairs. I told myself numerously and continually that everything would be alright. The instructor advised us of what we had to do. I felt chills run down my spine. Without a minute to waste the first person stepped up and held onto the bar. The rest of their body hanging over the edge. They suddenly let go of the bar and fell all the way down the 6.7m drop. From then on everybody was dropping like flies, until it was my turn. My knees shook. My palms were sweaty. My teeth chattered. My toes went knumb. I sat on the edge and fastened my hands onto the bar. The instructor told me to hang and I did so. I then realised that I couldn't hang there forever. MY HEART WAS IN MY THROAT AND POUNDING LIKE A DRUM. MY HANDS SLIPPED AWAY FROM THE BAR.

I fell rapidly picking up speed. My back pushing against the metal slide. I zoomed faster than a rocket. The ride curved and so did I. I slid to a stop. My heart was now beating with excitement and pumping with adrenaline. I went back for another turn.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!