Day And Night

Day and Night
By Adam Walters, aged 8, year 3
One day and night there was a knight called Dai and a knight called Nite. They looked very strong and sounded very brave. They were the strongest knights ever. Dai fought by day and Nite fought by night.
Over years of battle, Dai and Nite had conquered all the knights there ever was and now they had to defeat each other. They battled with all their might and power! The sun, volcanoes, earthquakes, and mudslides were Dai’s weapons and the moon, comets, shooting stars and asteroids were Nite’s weapons. Dai was stronger at day when the sun was up and Nite was stronger at night when the moon shone bright. The battle went on for days and nights until it reached a year and still no-one had won.
On one particular battle, when night fell and the moon was full and bright, Nite called on a MASSIVE comet to use in a battle. Nite used this to get away quickly but Dai was blinded by the comet coming her way! Once Dai realised Nite had raced away, Dai sprinted after Nite using all her solar stored energy, however Dai couldn’t catch him. Dai decided to start an earthquake by vibrating her legs. The earthquake caused pieces of land about as big as cars to start breaking away. Dai jumped onto a piece of land in search of Nite and started drifting away out to sea. Dai did not realize Nite was right behind her, he had used a piece of land to transport himself to catch and find Dai. Once Nite had found Dai he threw a shooting star at Dai which put her off balance and knocked her into the water. She didn’t know what hit her!
Dai quickly got back onto a piece of land and starting paddling away. Nite kept throwing shooting stars at her but Dai dodged them. Dai caused a tidal wave with her large paddles which dumped Nite off his piece of land. After climbing back onto his land, they both raced all over the seas until they found a deserted island. It had lush green grass, tall coconut trees and lots of volcanoes! Dai thought this was just the right place to stop. Once on the island, Dai immediately made the volcanoes erupt which knocked Nite over. Nite threw a black hole at Dai which fortunately missed her. Dai made a mudslide, flattening and badly wounding Nite. He looked like a cheetah with black bruises all over him. He was so exhausted that he had to escape Dai’s wrath.
Nite called on the moon to change the tides to make a hastily get away. Dai hurtled after Nite riding the sun. Untill this day Nite and Dai have been chasing each other all around the world and have never successfully caught each other. That is why day and night are two separate things and the sun is only visible at day and the moon is only visible at night.
The end
Word count – 496
School: Hunter Valley Grammar School

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!