A Clouded Vision

As we fly, underneath lies a new beautiful sight. A set of fluffy stepping stones that spread as far as the eye can see. Hills of white condensed air could never be more beautiful than touching heaven. They grow nearer and nearer. Suddenly the view is wiped blank. Inside white nothing-ness like smoke in a small room. So mysterious, so unexpected. You wonder, what is this white smudge hiding? What is it keeping at bay? Suddenly this magical sight shifts and reveals a land unknown at first glance underneath. Again another spectacular view of white passes the eye and disappears just for a tease. Then you remember it’s all just clouds in the diamond, blue, morning air. Now the coast full of cliffs and sand come into the picture. White waves crashing on the crumbling rock then melting back into the ultramarine blue sea. Has time stopped? The waves look so slow but so mighty from a height at this. The view of ageing cliffs and time stopping waves, dissolve into the sight of the city. So small but so mighty, giving you hope that man will live on forever. Colours and shapes of lego like buildings show you the diverse side of Sydney. Suddenly you blink and you have landed. The sound of screeching rubber tyres hitting the runway fills your ears. You in the 1.2 tonnes of air tight metal, move across the runway in an unpleasantly jolting manner. As you recover from the earlier screeching sound still echoing in your mind, you give a sigh, knowing what you have seen, you will never experience again.

Written by Ineka Voigt

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!