Paper Cranes

Peaceful, Graceful, Hopeful.
As I sit in my hospital bed making beautiful paper cranes those three words come into my mind. 896 cranes. Just 104 more to go. But will i be able to finish in time? Day by day I am getting weaker and weaker, sicker and sicker but I don't lose hope. I know I can stay strong as my journey continues. The doctor comes into the room right at that moment and as he opens his mouth to say something I know it will be bad news. I was right. My heart dropped. I don't have much longer to live and my leukemia can't be treated any further. Unless a miracle happened my life was over. My Short Life. A month had passed and it was nearly time to go but as I keep building hope something inside me is failing. 999 cranes. Just one more.
My eyes slowly close. As my mum squeezes my hand tightly begging me not to go. Gone.
A week has passed and everybody says goodbye but as i watch over them from up above, I know that they haven't lost me on the inside because there is now..........1000 Cranes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!