LEO'S ADVENTURE

"Hi little guy,"Lucy said in exhiliration.Lucy has golden red hair,green eyes,light skin and it was her birthday so she got to pick out a pet of her own.

"Mum can I get this one?"She asked.

"If you like,"her mum said.They walked out of the pet shop with a little golden puppy."I'm going to call it Sophie....no Alice."While Lucy was thinking what she should call her pup, she almost fogot it was her birthday!Later when Lucy was asleep her mischevious dog was still waiting for a name when all of a sudden Lucy woke up so quickly it seemed like she had a nightmare."I know I'll call you Leo," Lucy whispered."Goodnight Leo,"Lucy said as she slowly went back to sleep.

The next day she told everyone about her new puppy.When she arrived home from school she called out to Leo but he was nowhere to be found."Leo!"She yelled.This was bad!She had lost Leo already.

Meanwhile,Leo was having his first adventure.He was skipping,chasing butterflies and didn't want to stop because he was having so much fun!That night Lucy couldn't sleep,she missed Leo so much!She was wondering what he was doing and if he was lost or if someone had found him.She was very worried.It was Saturday tomorrow and she needed to find him because she was going to enter him in a dog show.

She secretly started a search party;gave people posters and pictures.She searched high and low but she couldn't find him anywhere!But little did she know he was in her backyard.When she got home she kept searching and realised she had missed her netball tournament!But who cared nothing was more important than Leo!

Lucy was watching a television programe about dog shows.When she started thinking about where Leo would be.Unbeknowns to her,Leo was still dancing and prancing,jumping and skipping in the backyard hidden from view.All of a sudden he saw Lucy on the lounge crying.He scampered to the door;he whimped and scratched it.He was hoping Lucy heard him.Luckily she did."Leo!"she cried.She was so happy to see him that on Monday she was going to make a big anouncement at school to say that she found Leo.

A few hours later Leo and Lucy turned up at the dog show.Leo went in several events and came first in all of them;it seemed like no-one was better than him at dog shows.They won alot of money,ribbons,medals and trophies.

On Monday the school held another netball tournament so Lucy could play!One year later Lucy was twelve,Leo was one and together they had so much fun!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!