Knights

Once just men, now renowned war gods.
Their bravery and valour brought many a reward and splendour.
Try as they might, they could not defeat them,
Shining armour and massive blade, singing as it cleaved the enemies armour.

Clad in impeccable armour,
Each more splendid than the last, on their massive warhorses.
Knights held their Lord's soldiers morale in their hands.
True to name, knights rode to battle with courage and bravery to match a lion.
They fought and fought, til their kingdom was dust, or they were victorious.

When in a tourney, impeccable honour was a given, for each man present
Though only in play, no man gave up easily
For the prize was too great to lose.

Then came a time when bravery and courage were no longer needed, it seemed.
For when you could win a battle from a distance, why do you need honour?

There the legacy ended,
Heroics now just ink on a page, or whispers in the wind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!