Basement

I see damp mould, growing on the walls; there is a cold chill to the air, the kind of air that early July mornings bring. I try to move my shivery hands, but the rope is too strong. “Matilda,” an icy voice called. I don’t answer, the door handle starts to turn.
I hold my breath, silence thick in the air. The door opens; those familiar green eyes stare down at me, like a trophy, a plaything. Tears start flowing down my face, knowing, anticipating what comes next.
He removes the tape from my mouth, before replacing it with his lips. I think about how my father could do this to me, no guilt or remorse. I think about all those times he tucked me in, read my favourite bedtime stories over and over, as I snuggled up to my toys underneath my bright purple covers, drifting to dreams filled with unicorns and magic. I now crave those times more than anything.
He unbinds my hands; I run and fling myself at the door. Screaming, even though I know no one could hear me. He drags me back into the chair; he starts removing my ratted, torn clothes. I let a silent tear roll down my cheek, knowing my torture would never end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!