Zombie Mode

My eyes flashed open. I surveyed my surroundings. I was in an old, abandoned two-storey house. The floorboards were rotten. I noted that I would need to watch my step. I was armed only with a pistol. I would need a better weapon. I explored the little area in which I was confined into. I found a white outline of an Olympia Shotgun on a wall in the lower level. ‘Perfect’ I thought. I shoved points into the wall and a shotgun popped out. I picked it off the wall and holstered my pistol. I heard groans from the upper level. I swore. ‘They’re here’ I ran upstairs. A shambling corpse greeted me with a smile. ‘Eat lead,’ I thought as I released a shell into its head. (150 points) Its approach stopped there. I continued advancing. When I reach a hole in the wall, I built a barrier using discarded pieces of wood. (10 points per wood) I ran around fixing each barrier, desperate to hold off the onslaught. I stopped downstairs and peered through the window. A zombie appeared in my line of sight. I fired. It didn’t even reach my barrier. I kept a look-out. Suddenly, I heard a maniacal laugh. I swore as I turned around. I was face to face with Hell itself. I swore again. Guns were of no use at such close range. I stabbed for all my pitiful life was worth. (170 points) Blood fogged my vision. ‘I... need... to rest...’ I thought. While I was resting, three more zombies broke through my shoddily built barriers. I swore. Things could not get worse. Guess what? They did. Two more zombies broke through my barriers as I got back to my feet. It’s times like these when I really wish I had a mini-gun. Or at least an assault rifle. I fired randomly. (500 points total) More zombies shuffled into the room. There was no time to rebuild my barriers. I would have to fight to the death. I fired all my shells. (700 points) I cursed, swapping to my pistol. Such a puny weapon would hardly do anything to these zombies. Soon, I was only left with my knife. My knife, and my fists. I knew in my heart that I was doomed. No one had ever made it through this whole level with only their knife. Not even a pistol. Soon I was overwhelmed by the horde of hungry undead. I fell to the ground cursing as a laugh echoed across the room. Only one headshot? I was pathetic.
Dang, COD Zombies can be frustrating.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!