Gem Quest

King Malfador rose sleepily from his bed. "Sir, Sir, Sir!" yelled his chief adviser, "We're being invaded". The King hurried down to the armory. He got dressed in the most spectacular armor made from pure gold. He also chose a shield and a sword which, like the armor, was made from gold. The King marched to the armory's exit. Everything evil was there: dragons, Drakel warriors, evil sorcerers, skeletons and more. The King was horrified. Then he remembered the gem of hope. He sprinted over to the white swan tower. When he got to the top the gem was not there. "No" he yelled.
He rang the big bell in the middle of the kingdom. Immediately the three heroes of the kingdom, also brothers, came to the big bell tower. "For what matter did you beckon us here?" asked Vonzie. "The gem is missing" replied the King. There was such shocked silence that no-one heard the arrow flying through the air but they certainly saw it hit the King. It hit him full on in the chest and the King fell off the tower in great agony, falling silent at the base. "The King is dead" said Vonzie. Hardly able to believe their eyes the three heroes discussed what they must do and set off on their long journey eastwards to the ice fortress. When they arrived a big booming voice yelled "You want the gem, you have to beat the giant".
"He must have read our minds" said Valtorian. The heroes stepped into the ring. The bars on the giant's cage were released. Out came the frost giant. "Three, Two, One, Fight!" yelled the voice. Valtarean, Valtorian's brother, shot an arrow into the giant's eye. The giant immediately went into a frenzy, waving his club around like a bulldog who didn't get his dinner. Then he threw his club at Vonzie, knocking his head clear off. That did it for Valtorian. He already had a temper and losing his Brother set it off. He conjured up a spell of electricity and killed the giant. The two remaining heroes and brothers got the gem, headed back to the kingdom, and restored it to it's rightful place, banishing all evil and restoring the kingdom to it's full beauty.
The End.
By Max Yaremenko.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!