Sara And The Cliffs Of DOOM!!!

It was snowing when Sara got up. She could hear her 15-year-old sister singing loudly while having a shower.
“Phoebe!” she groaned, heaving herself out of bed.
It was Monday. In Sara’s opinion, Monday was the worst day of the week. She had sport, maths and spelling all in one day! Just then, she heard the phone ring. About 4 seconds later, she heard her mum yell “I’ll get it!”.
Then she heard “Sara! It’s for you!”. “Coming!” she replied.
Sara picked up the phone. ‘Hello?” she said.
“Hey Sara! It’s Jess!” replied Jess, her best friend on the other end of the line. “Hey Jess! What’s up? You usually never call this early!” asked Sara.
“I was wondering, do you want to go and investigate the cliffs where all those people were murdered, today before school?” Jess asked hopefully.
“Sure! Meet you there at 8:00am” Sara replied excitedly. Then she said goodbye and hung up and looked at the clock. She only had 15 minutes.
Sara was amazed at how quickly she managed to get ready. She left with plenty of time and arrived at the cliffs in a flash. Surprisingly, she couldn’t see Jess anywhere. Sara decided to look for her. As she went down one rather rocky cliff, she tripped and fell on her left arm. Sara yelped in pain and called for help. She looked up and thought she saw a man’s shadow. Then she gasped. It was the man who had been killing all those people! She got up and began to run for her life. She heard footsteps behind her. Suddenly, Sara felt her shoulders being jerked back. She felt them crunch. Then she heard a chilling laugh.
“I want your blood! I want your soul! I want your eyes and brain! And now I have you so they shall be MINE!!!” he chanted.
“NO!!!” screamed Sara and jerked her arms free sharply. Then she bolted, running for the cave. But when she got there, she felt the cave tumble down around her and she felt herself slipping, sliding, falling… her world went black.
About half an hour later, Sara woke up with a start. Where was she? Then she remembered everything. She got up and peeked out of the cave and saw…
“JESS!” cried Sara with relief.
She told her everything as they walked to the phone booth to call Sara’s parents.
What a start to the morning!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!