A Creative Imagination Or Simply Gone

A Creative Imagination or Simply Gone

Thyme was looking out the bus window at the rain rolling down and wondered why it wouldn’t go in a straight line. In the background all she could hear were her siblings yelling and she wondered how having seven siblings could be so boring. When they reached their house they were all so bored that all eight of the children, Falcon, Summer, Steven, Madeline, Timothy, Wilbert, Theresa and Thyme went to the attic to look for a new game to play.

“Hey look at this jewelled box!” yelled Summer and everyone ran over to her. Falcon opened the box but as he did there was a huge flash and explosion. When the smoke cleared they didn’t notice anything at all different. “That was fun,” exclaimed Steven and they all ran downstairs to their rooms to find something else to do.

The next morning when they all went to the dining room they noticed that Falcon was missing. “Where’s Falcon?” asked Thyme but none of the boys knew where he was. They all said that since he wasn’t in his room this morning they thought that he was already down here. Wilbert asked their parents where Falcon was but they had no idea who Falcon was. When Wilbert explained that he was one of their children they replied that they had seven children. The kids all looked at each other in wonder but continued eating their breakfasts.

One of the children disappeared every day for the next five days. Summer on Saturday, Steven on Sunday, Madeline on Monday, Timothy on Tuesday and Wilbert on Wednesday, until only Theresa and Thyme were remaining. Every time one of them disappeared their parents had no recollection of the child ever existing. Thyme and Theresa were puzzled by how every child disappeared on the day their name began with and wondered who was next.


Thyme and Theresa tried their absolute hardest to stay awake all night to try and investigate the disappearances but they both fell asleep around eleven pm. Thyme woke up the next morning and wasn’t at all surprised that Theresa was missing. As she expected, at breakfast her parents didn’t remember Theresa. That afternoon Thyme was trying to figure out how her siblings disappeared, and that was when she remembered the box.

Thyme rushed up to the attic and to her absolute horror the box was gone! She searched the whole attic but it just wasn’t there. Puzzled Thyme went back downstairs to her room and to her utter disbelief there was only one bed and her belongings. She ran across the house to her brothers’ room but it was just a computer room. Absolutely horrified she asked her parents what had happened to their rooms but they just replied that she never had any siblings. Thyme was deeply puzzled by this response and wondered, had she really had any siblings at all or was it just her imagination fooling her?





Montana Samantzis

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!