Feel The Raindrops

Imagine a world where everything is controlled. A world where you have no choice, where people are run like robots. Imagine a place where beautiful roses have lost their smell, where the cool breeze has lost its feel and where butterflies give into the chase, not seeing the point of pursing their freedom. Imagine my world. This world is unlike yours or any other. It is a dark shadow of a place where every-one is gloomy, sad, selfish and un-kind. No one dares to dream. No one dares to imagine. No one dares to desire a better place. For here dreaming is a thing of the past and I seemed to be the only hope left. Here they control what you dream, every choice you make. There are spies throughout my world that can see what others are dreaming. Those who dream outside the law are classified as rebels and are ban-ished. My world wasn’t always mechanical, like it is now. The grass was once lush and green , the cool morning breeze once brushed up against my cheek and the raindrops, how I miss them, I could once feel but now, as they drop from the sky like diamond tear drops, I feel nothing. If I could have one wish, one chance to make a change to this sinister world, I would wish to feel the raindrops again.
I dream in secret in an enclosed garden not far from the manner. I lie on the cold brown bench and close my eyes, letting my dreams take over. If I was seen, I could be banished, if I were found I could be killed. But I dream anyway, of the beautiful place this world was, and of the raindrops I longed to feel. The garden where I hid away from the rest of the world had a secret of its own buried within. My garden was alive. I never gave into their laws and I never dismissed the hope of dreaming my imagina-tion became the creator and slowly, with time and effort the garden was restored. I now knew what I could do. I had the chance to save them all and to finally give them the world that they dreamed of, that they longingly desired, but my dreams lacked hope. I felt like giving up as I gazed around at the dull world around me, the job seemed far too great but there was something else I saw looking into the eyes of those people. I could see through them, that small glint of hope deep within. I could leave them in strife and lock myself away in the one place that was alive and where I felt safe. I could leave them to be controlled like a robot, banned from dreaming of a better place, or I could risk my life to make a difference and move closer to the chance of ever feeling the raindrops. There was a storm coming and so I closed my eyes...and dreamed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!