Ocean Girl

Sand scorched my feet, waves crashed against rocks. The sun burned on my skin. I dived into the cool water. I swam deeper until it was nearly pitch black. I reached a cave and I saw an amazing sight. Rainbow fish swam, sting rays glided! I smiled to myself then started swimming back up to land.
As I reached the surface of the water my heart skipped a beat, I bit my lip. My home was in flames, my possessions had been turned to ashes. Though my main question, which I hoped I didn't know the answer to was, where was my family? Were they okay?
Half crying, I called for my family. No one answered. I started running to no particular place but I knew I couldn't stay here. After tireless hours, I stopped for a break, still crying. I reached for my pocket and found my only possession from my family a picture of my parents and me. I also found a message saying : we're okay. It was from my parents. I don't know how it got in there, but I felt happy again.
Still I couldn't go home, the only place I could go to was the ocean. I dived into the ocean once more .I would love to know were more parents are, but in the ocean I am happy!!
I came up from the water one day to find police scanning the area. A shiver ran down my spine, I knew who they were looking for.... me. But why??? I waited a bit to see if I could find out why they were looking for me. One police officer whispered "He's dead", then looked around. Another police officer looked up and looked directly at me. I froze. Had he seen me? I wasn't going to take any chances so I quickly dived into the water.
I swam deeper and deeper until I knew no one could find me. But now all I wanted to know was who was dead and what did they have to do with me?. After a few days the police left the area but I had to be careful so I am going to stay down in the water, for now....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!