Mean Mums

Everyone has a mean mum it’s just the way life goes.
We have to appreciate our mums because of what they know.
If we don’t, bad habits will form and danger will arise
My mean mum is like this but I guess that’s no surprise.
I guess I’ve gotten used to it, you could call it love she shows.
She does the whole “Where are you going? I want you back by 6!” “I KNOW!”
But that’s all right because I know she cares I’m not out on the streets.
With no one to love and protect me, marching to my own beat.
Sometimes it feels like the whole world hates you especially your mean mum.
but you should NEVER mistake your mean mums love for hate
For her saying NO, saying she can’t relate.
So next time your mean mum yells at you says that big word NO!
Remember that that’s their job to be mean mums and maybe give her a go
One day you’ll play the game and maybe be the same, and that’s when you’ll realise the world
NEEDS MORE MEAN MUMS

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!