Saturday

Down we sped through weed valley, wind rushing past us at an ear deafening speed, heart racing faster than us on our bikes and the feeling of fear building, knowing that we were riding atop a mountain. Our band of six had decided the previous weekend to go on an adventure ride along mountain tops and rough terrain. Weed valley was the first downhill descent we encountered on our adventure. From our current vantage point we could see Woy Woy, Umina, Ettalong and Kincumber. Weed valley itself was something amazing, grass plains travelling into the distance with a smooth descending clay track down the middle that allowed you to gain tremendous speed with the occasional jump.
Soon enough we had reached an un-rideable mountain and were forced to rock climb with our bikes slung over our backs. It was a hard and treacherous climb. Yet when we reached the top we were amazed by the sight of Centerpoint tower in Sydney flashing away. Yet the shear fear I felt looking back down into the valley caused instant vertigo. Atop this mountain we found many unusual things such as a pattern of hexagonal shapes carved into stone by water erosion and a hole in a rock that Luke enjoyed crouching in and scaring anyone that came near.
Later the track changed from clay to sand and rock. It became dangerous to ride up hill yet it did not stop us, I believe we all were addicted to the thrill of the danger. Soon we found a cross road. One way took us directly home but the other more interesting way took us to the train tunnel. The path down to the tunnel was truly terrifying. It was roughly a forty six degree slope down. At the bottom was a gate blocking our entry which we easily managed to climb. The tracks were nothing to look at but behind them was a mini rainforest ecosystem. We never imagined we’d see such a beautiful sight on our trip. The trees and vines and fresh spring water were all amazing. The spring was a surprise with a constant flow of crystal clear water flowing down rocks giving life to the thriving environment. We found animals like snakes and yabbies everywhere.
When we finally reached the path that would takes us home we were all exhausted. But the path had a surprise for us. Perfect un-interrupted downhill decent for over an hour across beautiful landscapes until we reached a road, that was so smooth and curvaceous it was truly which was a pleasure to ride until we reached home. It was a day we will never forget but its just another weekend of adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!