Terror

Dark, cold and wet what a great start for holidays. For months now I have been looking forward to going to London, and finally tomorrow will be the day. The last few days have been hectic, between my parents nagging me to pack and my friend, Jessie trying to figure out her outfits and what to bring, so many things are running through my mind.

Tomorrow is our flight to England. Mixed feelings run through my mind. 10:30am almost ready, my Mum makes me very nervous saying ‘we’ll miss the flight or they’ll be piles of traffic’, as usual dad reassures everyone that there’s plenty of time and not to worry. Jessie and I grab some of the luggage and dad grabs the rest.
We’re finally on our way!

Big, thick, round glasses covered the old woman’s face, I haven’t the slight idea if she could even see what was in our bags but I wasn’t in any place to judge. After minutes of her “trying” to check our bags we were finally free. Strange men talking gibberish before us in line, I started staring at them and wondering what they’re saying; one slowly looked back and frowned mysteriously.

In our seats I slowly look around the plane, I see the 3 strange men in the front row, my eyes wander, I look out the window and realize actually how far in the sky we are. The nerves I had before climb higher and higher, I feel as if butterflies are trying to escape. The butterflies flutter out and I soon forget. I drag my eyes back towards the mysterious men, one had gone. After a few minutes he returned looking around and giving me a smirk, chilling my spine. As the man sat down his pant leg lifted and a small box shaped object appeared slightly, I questioned it for a little while.

The lady with the big round glasses appeared. Why was she here?
The sound of shaking and rattling pounded through the plane. Mum’s anxiety started to show and it made me feel what she was feeling.

The other mysterious man stood up and held a gun clearly for all of the passengers to see. Shaking more than ever the lights started to flicker. We all got down low hoping the terrorists couldn’t see us. One of them came up and down the aisles, and dragged me away.

The lady with the glasses pulled out a gun from her boot she put her finger against her mouth to make sure I didn’t say anything. As she opened the door to the control room I saw the pilot lying unconscious. I heard a loud bang she walked out and she had the thing that was strapped to that guy’s leg. She started smashing it, it kind of looked like a bomb from one of those crime shows but from where I was sitting I couldn’t tell but it was definitely something dangerous. As the man who pulled me away walked away. The lady with the glasses gave me her gun she whispered ‘shoot’. She returned to the control room pressing countless buttons finally one worked, slowly she started to steer the plane, she contacted the control tower, they explained what to do.
I crept along the wall and got a clear shot of the one with the gun “BANG” he dropped. The other man came running still having the adrenalin pumping, I shot again.
Eyes blurring, head pounding, breaths becoming shorter and shorter I collapse.

Bright lights, bright walls and family surrounded me.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!