New House New Start

When we first moved into this house on Holman Drive, it looked so big, but as we started putting things in it, it looked smaller. It was hard moving, but I liked moving to a new place because it means I have new friends and a new start.

After I had found my room, I unpacked all my stuff and then checked out the house. The house was old but still nice. It was still in good condition.

Mum had enrolled me to a new school. It was called Perlam Secondary College. I was starting tomorrow and I was starting year 7. My first high school year. I was a bit nervous but this was my chance for a new start.

As mum was taking me to school the next day, we were talking about the new house and we hope that this is a good and happy new start. She was also telling me to be careful because this is not Primary School anymore, its High School and people are more grown up now.

As we were arriving at school, I looked out the window at the school, the school seemed big and their were a lot of students. I got out of the car and kissed mum and she wished me good luck. I walked to the Office and they helped me and showed me around the school. They gave me my time table and then the bell rang. It was time to go to class. I went to class and then I wasn’t sure about where to sit. But I found a place next to this boy named Bob. Our teacher walked in and then welcomed us and everything.

At recess, I sat alone but then Bob came up to me and then we started chatting. Me and Bob were friends straight away and then it was time to go back in class.
It was the end of school and mum picked me up.
When we got home I went to the basement. I saw something…….
What is it I thought to myself. It looked old and rusty. I touched it and my hand got all dirty so I went to wash my hands but then decided that if I wanted to try and figure out what it was, I would have to get my hands dirty so I went back and turned it around. I looked on the back and it said “Property of Calem Brandley.” I thought could Calem be the old owner of the house?

The next day I went back into the basement and suddenly this mouse was running across the floor and I screamed and ran out. Then my mum and dad asked what was wrong and I told them everything. They told me not to go in there anymore. I showed them the thing I found and they told me what it was. It was a ……… TYPEWRITER!!!! But this wasn’t any old typewriter, this one was special!!!!

By: Kanella Chartthong

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!