I Hate That Man !!!!

The world as you know it has changed. Now the continents are linked by underwater tunnels, now everything was flooded thanks to us and our carbon footprint, now. I sighed. The world was just falling apart. I wouldn’t be surprised if a meteorite came crashing down and wiped out what’s left of the human race. It was a miracle that we even survived the melting of Antarctica and the North Pole. If it wasn’t for Leo Banvadi we wouldn’t be here. He designed and built the underwater tunnel and dome system in 10 days. Hero! I thought to myself sarcastically as I ploghed the field in the farmhouse dome.

I sighed again. I heard the loud booming voice of Leo Banvadi faintly in the distance. He is now our king. My happiness soon turned to anger. “I HATE THAT MAN” I said out loud in anger as I drove the spade into the ground harder. Don’t get me wrong I am grateful that I am here it’s just he is so “URRR” I growled. “I HATE THAT MAN” I yelled again. Then suddenly I heard a loud crack like thunder and water gushing. I looked up. I couldn’t believe my eyes.” WATER!” I shouted. Then I blacked out.

I awoke from my sleep realising that water was surrounding me. “ARRRRR” I screamed as I sloshed around as if I was punching the water. I looked up to see the crack which water had gushed in from. I desperately swam through the crack to the surface. As I broke the surface I felt relieved. Then my thoughts focused on where everyone was.

….As I was ploughing in the farmhouse dome one evening, I remember hearing a rumour that there was a land beyond the Picara Sea. A land full of rich fruit and vegetables, a land of beautiful beaches and shady palm trees…. I got so lost in my day dream that I forgot I was floating in the Picara Sea. I took my chances and began to swim north to the mysterious unknown land.

I battled and battled the treacherous sea with all my strength “NOT GIVING UP” I kept saying to myself in a firm voice. This was the never ending battle.

I had been swimming for one day and I was ready to give up. My arms were throbbing in pain and coldness of the water was taking over my body. Shivers continuously ran down my spine not just from the cold but from fear to. Then I blacked out and let my body sink to the ocean floor.

I woke up with sand between my toes and seaweed on my arms. I was coughing up sea water along with blood. “Why did you swim” said a guy that was just visible in my blurry vision. “Why didn’t you use the lifeboats that our king Leo organised? I felt anger fill my body. Like a said “I HATE THAT MAN.”

By: Georgie Rollino 7A

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!