The Abandoned Church

I was scared. My parents and I were trapped inside an old, abandoned church. It was dark and our only source of light was from a small candle. My mum was exploring the area and my dad was looking around for an exit while I huddled near the candle. There was no food or water and we were alone…or so I thought.

I heard creaking noises near the stage. Then the noise suddenly moved towards my mum. She was walking behind the seat when something terrible happened.

“ AGHHHHHHH!!!!” She screamed.

It was so loud the chandelier on the ceiling shook. Something pulled her behind the bench and I saw blood go everywhere. Dad and I rushed towards her, but she was gone. The only thing that was left was a sentence, written by blood that said ‘YOU WILL DIE’ in large letters.

Then, suddenly my dad fell to the ground. I looked into his open eyes. They were pale and there wasn’t any pupil. Blood dripped down his shirt and everywhere onto the ground. It was as if he had seen a ghost. Something unpredictable then happened. His eyes faded…red. He jumped up and pushed me up against the wall with his hands firmly grasped around my throat. I was petrified. I thought I was going to die as he dug his sharp nails into my skin. This wasn’t like him. He would never do this to me. I screamed and screamed but it didn’t help. The pain was unbearable. It came to the point that I couldn’t breathe. I kicked him as many times as I could. I even kicked him where it would really, really hurt to a man, it didn’t help. I thought it was the end. So I had to do something fast.

Then…I kicked his head. It fell off as blood splattered everywhere. His body fell to the ground, making me breathe again. I was so relieved but so sad at the same time. My parents were dead, blood was everywhere, my throat was bleeding, it was dark, the candle was dark and I was alone this time. I looked around. I grabbed a chair and started hitting it against the window until it shattered into small pieces. I ran out to my freedom. I was so relieved. Well, after that, I informed the police, the bodies were removed and the place got cleaned up. They locked it up so no one would go in there again.

By Amara Bou

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!