Kids In Space

If you looked in the window of 44 Blueberry Street at 7:00 you would see me and my best friend Tahlia running around like mad people. There is only one explanation for this.....a sleepover. You guessed it, we were having a sleepover.

Tahlia and I were Desperate to be Astronauts so everything we did had something to do with space or astronauts. We were extra exciterated at this sleepover because the next day we were going to a junior space explorer’s class. This was the first time the company had held a JUNIOR space explorers class.

At six o’clock in the morning I woke up. You wouldn’t believe how excited I was. I was so excited. More excited than words can explain. Tahlia woke up just after me. She was just as excited. Once we got up and had breakfast my mum took us to the space university where the course was held.

Once we got there they put us in teams to start our space challenge. Fortunately I was with Tahlia. Our team was Team Intergalactic. Personally I liked our team name more than all the other teams. The only problem was there were two other girls in Team Galaxy. They were like braniacs (and they looked really good to!!!) So we were in trouble, but that just gave us more confidence.

It was time to start. First of all we had to go on a rollercoaster and see if we could survive the speed of it. After that it got a little harder, zero gravity. I thought it was going so much and it was. It was the best thing I had ever done. It was like we were flying. It was awesome. I Could definitely live in space... with Tahlia of course! The rest of the day was just as great. I absolutely loved the whole experience, Tahlia did as well. We are defiantly going to do that again.

When we were walking to the car, we saw something strange, very strange. Tahlia thought it was an alien. I thought she was going crazy. We walked a little further and heard a strange noise. Now I thought it was an alien as well. I was scared. So was Tahlia. It had been a great day and I’m pretty sure this was not the way to end it. We drove home as fast as possible. Even my mum was scared.

When we got home we got a phone call. It was the people from the university. My mum picked up the phone. “Hello”
“Hello I’m Tony From the university. May I please talk to Tahlia and Rachael?” He said with excitement. “Yes I will Get them” she said curiously
“Hello” we said in unison. We giggled quietly to ourselves.
“I would just like to congratulate you” He said
“For what?” we said back.
“For passing the kids in space test. You may have reacted to the ‘alien’ but you didn’t scream.......”
“Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!