Under The Hammer

Under the hammer!
I sit by the seashore, and let my self relax. I look up and see the clear, blue sky above me. Then I let my self relax a second time when suddenly vibrations make me bounce and the above goes black. I feel under threat, I look around me and all I see are big, vertical standing sticks or as they call themselves ‘human beings’.
Out of the blue I am suddenly picked up and examined then I am taken in to a giant transport vehicle, I wait... and wait… and wait. Suddenly the doors of this ‘transport vehicle’ open then close with a thud.
The speed of this transport vehicle hits me and I am at a giant building known as a household to these unusual beings, the door then flies open and I am picked up again and thrown next to these other pebbles.
Silence takes over me as I think of my mother, and father. They were asleep as this event was happening. Silence hangs in the air for a long, penetrating moment. I feel vibrations and think what could be happening. Could my parent’s stories of the Vissandie be true? Is this fabled beast an actual thing?
Sweat starts to drip from my forehead; my heart seems to jump out of my throat and fear takes me over. The vibrations feel stronger, and then suddenly voices start mumbling. I glance out the corner of my eye, and see other vertical standing beings. Sweat starts to drip even faster from my forehead.
They stop horizontally beside me and memories start to flicker through my mind. The fun I used to have with mother and father. A hand starts to reach for me and I am carefully examined and put in a cotton bed crowded with other things. I feel comfortable and at the same time uncomfortable. My head starts to pound and it feels even more uncomfortable because I start jolting up and down in an irritating way then I stop. “Phew” I think. That was a roller coaster.
I am taken out and placed in a box with many compartments then the lid closes with a ‘click’ and I am in the centre of a glass top. Sitting alone just made me bored, and then I slowly drift off to sleep.
Many hours pass and I wake to the sound of shattering glass. Fear starts to take me over and memories of Mother and Father make fear take me over quicker. Vibrations make me bounce and the glass above me starts to shatter and a thin, long piece of paper drifts next to me and I carefully and cautiously read:
YOUR VERY OWN COLLECTION O…
The rest of the piece was ripped off. Memories start to flicker through my mind. A large hand starts to reach for me and I think of-...... My brain seems to shut-down and I am picked up and a door opens and the ‘transport vehicle’ starts to drive off.
The door opens at my very own home and I am thrown next to my mother and father.

By Ah-foo Kautai 5/6V Upper coomera State College

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!