Ocean Madness

Ocean Madness

I see a glimmering light, doom, a shadow, teeth, gills, myself and the ocean. I take a deep breath that only wastes time. My blood is rushing 1000 miles an hour. I look back. I see a shadow. There is motion around me. I remember nothing I have learnt. Suddenly I see a light, a search light in fact.
I swim to the surface and yell “I am here save me, save me! “
They pass me I sink. I try to remember the memories and ask myself how did I get in this mess? I could not remember. I must have hit my head on a rock or something like that. I sit down and something sharp touches me. I look downwards. I see a clam holding a beautiful pearl. It is breathtaking. I grab it and swam to the surface, it scraps me as I’m swimming and I shriek in pain as it touches the salty sea water.
As I was telling this story to everyone at the awards ceremony, people started to get bored so I concluded my story by saying. “But don’t take my word for it see for yourself.” As I started to walk off the stage they started to cheer so I felt proud but then again it could just be because I was going, any way I took it as a compliment.
A clam fell out of my pocket and I started to question myself “How did that happen?”

By Cassandra Reynolds 5/6V Upper Coomera State College

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!