Off To The Footy

So as I wake up this morning I realize it’s round 3 for the AFL. I can not wait to go, it’s a Sunday game and wait I have to check if my friend’s can still come, so as I ran inside I looked up at the sky clear blue and the sun shinning down, its was a perfect day for the footy.

“Morning Mum” I said to mum as I walked happily into the house. “Morning Megan, I’m going to work today, are you still going to the footy? Anyway who are you going with? And how are you getting there and back?” mum asked me while walking around the house and getting ready. “ Well I’m going to Cayley’s now and were going to call Tom and Jayden, We are going to catch the train there and back, but are Brooke and Joel going over next door for the day.” I asked mum. “Yeah they are, well I have to go to work now, but be careful and call me.” Said mum giving me a kiss goodbye.
“Bye mum I love you.” “bye I love you too.”

So I walked over to Cayley’s house and we stated making the calls, Thank god Tom and Jayden were together at Toms so we could just meet them on the bus, and then we get to the station together. So we tolled them the plans, and it was all good and we have 1 and a half hours to get ready.

Running back home to have a shower I realized that this was the first game that all of us four have gone together. Running to my room getting my shorts, footy jumper and everything else I had to pick pase, I had the fastest shower ever and before I new it me and Cayley were on the bus with Tom and Jayden.

“Hey guys.” Me and Cayley said together.
“Hey Girls.” Said the boys.
So chattering away to ourselves, Catching the train went so quick, we just kept saying “ Richmond are going to win boys just face to facts.”
“Nar Essondon will girls.”

I was so pumped I could feel the excitement building up in me, I new this was going to be a good game. “Hey guys I’m going to tell you this now I go metal so just a heads up for.” I was just saying to Cayley, Jayden and Tom but they sat there laughing and Cayley said “Hahaha so do I.”

So the first 15mins in the game and you here me and Cayley screaming and cheering. “ BALLLLL Umpire its holding the ball!” Score Richmond 6.5.35 to Essondon 3.7.25

More cheering from both us and the boys as half time game and it was one point the difference Richmond were up. So waiting around for the 3rd quarter Jayden asked “ Did you guys want anything while I’m going to get a pie and drink?” “Yes please pies and drinks sound good” we all said. Then the bounce came and the Tigers got the center break bam Jake King kicks the first goal of the quarter. 4th quarter came and it was a draw, 78 all.
As the excitement built up as it was the last quarter with 47 seconds to go it was a draw 98 all Richmond get away in the bounce quick hand pass out to Deledio, Deledio long kick into the Tigers forward 50 as Riewoldt takes a high flying mark the goal was kicked Richmond had won the game. Cheering, Yelling and screaming. The boys were shattered as we left the ground and made our way home. “ Well thank you for a amazing day guys”
“ Yeah thanks.” They replied. “Cant wait for the next game ?!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!