A Creepy Man Called John

On sunny morning I got woken up by my mother saying “Wake up its time for school.” I had to get up and get ready. As I was walking to school I saw and old man watching me for next door to my house so I walked a bit faster. On his letterbox saying John Crunch so I thought that must be his name.

At school I told my best friend, Annabelle all about the old man. At first she didn’t believe me but after school she was walking home with me because her mum and dad had to work tonight so she was staying at my house. When we walked passed John’s house we saw him staring at us “That is creepy” said Annabelle “Now I believe you.”

At my house we were playing in my room when Annabelle looked out the window and saw john watching us “Oh my god! He’s still watching us” said Annabelle “That is so scary.” Let’s go down stairs because dinner will be ready soon.

After dinner we forgot about the old man so I asked my mum if we could go play outside the front. “Yes but be careful and don’t go too far down the road.” mum said “yes mum you tell me every time.” Outside we rode the bikes but the old man next door looked like he hurt himself so we rushed over to help him. “Are you ok” I said “Yes I’m fine.” so he went to get up but as he got up he grabbed us and took us in his house. We tried to scream but he was holding our mouths so we couldn’t.

In his house we saw other kids tied up on the wall upside down. After he took us in a room he tied us on a chair and tried feeding us some yucky food “Eat this because it’s the only food you’re getting for a week.” After we ate it he let us sit there until he got the chains ready.

When he came back he picked Annabelle up and took her out the room. When he was tying Annabelle up my leg got out of the rope.

10 minutes later he came for me but I kicked him in the leg and tried to untie my arms and I finally got free and I ran to get the baseball bat from the corner of the room. I went to hit him in the head but as I hit him he grabbed a knife and cut me on the leg. He passed out after I hit him so I ran to get Annabelle. I untied her and we untied everyone else .All the kids ran out the door and down the road to their house.

We ran to my house and told mum. She rang the police. They put him in jail .They never saw him again until we heard on the news that he’d escaped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!